Thursday, July 23, 2009

I am so exhausted. I had to work today which was a total beating! We were so busy. I can honestly say that I only sat down to have lunch and put orders in. It was non-stop most of the day. I think I pulled something in my back.

OK OK... enough feeling sorry for my self. I don't know if I have told you this before but I love love love Caleb. At this age he is just so stinking fun (and at times very difficult).

That being said, I had to put Caleb to bed hungry last night. :( I think it bothered me more than it did him. I wish I knew how to upload home movies to my computer. I would Post this great video that we caught of Caleb last night.

It all started when I turned of Toy Story so we could sit down and have dinner. He wanted nothing to do with that. He started screaming "mov, mov.....Buzz" he screamed that over and over. We explained that he could watch the movie once he finished dinner. But he continued to cry and throw a huge fit, this went on for about 25 minutes with no hope of him stopping.

So with that Matt and I bathed him and put him to bed, without dinner. :( I felt AWFUL. But, I know this is probably not the last time this is going to happen. Matt and I have a very long road of "parenthood" ahead of us.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

And no, it won't be the last time :-( but when you know it's the right thing and have a good person to support you (b/c we mom's always feel guilty) it makes it more reasonable...not easier. There are times I still feel guilty with punishing Ian and he is almost 16!! It's a natural, gifted compassion we as mom's have....

I love reading your blogs, you have definitely picked up on them...therapeutic aren't they??!!